A new campus for a new academic experience
Institut Paul Bocuse has launched a major project aiming to extend and modernise its current facilities. This new milestone in the development of our school will position us at the highest international academic standards while offering you a unique environment for living, working and studying differently.
With the support of the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region, the Metropolitan region of Lyon, the cities of Lyon and Ecully and our G&G Pélisson Foundation, the school will give you twice as much space with a 17,000 m² campus offering modern facilities equipped with state-of-the-art technologies.
Three new areas will be designed:
- A centre dedicated to the hospitality and food service management
- A culinary arts centre
- A new educational space for research, innovation and events that will further encourage the creative initiatives for which the school is renowned
This extension project will see the creation of:
- 22 additional classrooms
- 250-seat lecture hall available for use by business organisations
- 17 cutting edge cooking,pastry and chocolate laboratories
- Co-working spaces open to entrepreneurs
An eco-friendly campus
This project symbolises our environmental and sustainable commitment to the school and its local ecosystem. In order to offer a remarkable quality of student life on a certified eco-friendly campus, multiple green and tree spaces will be created, a section of roof areas covered with vegetation and the energy efficiency performance of the buildings optimized.
This project will be carried out with a focus on the fulfilment of each individual by building a school that reinvents itself on a day-to-day basis!
A unique real-world learning environment
At Institut Paul Bocuse, our students benefit from a 360° exposure to the Hospitality, Food Service and Culinary Arts sectors. Our learning spaces offer a unique opportunity for students to put their skills and know-how into practice in real-world situations in the presence of real clients:
- 6 training restaurants that enable our students to experience the full range of cuisine and food service segments. Proof of the excellence of the teaching at Institut Paul Bocuse, our gastronomic ‘Saisons’ restaurant was awarded its 1st Michelin star in January 2020.
- The only 5-star training hotel in Europe (Le Royal MGallery by Sofitel), where our students learn to master the codes of luxury hotel management.
- A student halls of residence for practicing hospitality professions in real-world budget accommodation.
- Thematic learning spaces dedicated to wine waiting, mixology, or the art of coffee and tea making.