The Alliance Network
Alliance network is a unique leading global network of excellence in higher education gathering 26 partner schools and universities across 4 continents. Its goal is to promote and develop the professions in hospitality, food service and culinary arts management while keeping the cross-educational experience as a fundamental pillar.
Founded in 2004 by Institut Paul Bocuse (now Institut Lyfe), the Alliance has become a truly international hub of expertise in hospitality management, food service and culinary arts education, today in 22 countries: Turkey, Canada, Thailand, Cyprus, France, Mexico, Finland, Chile, Cameroon, Singapore, Malta, United States, Greece, Taiwan, Russia, Indonesia, Colombia, Bolivia, Ecuador, Peru, Lebanon, South Korea.
TALENT KNOWS NO BORDER
The development of the network multiplies opportunities and offers a wide range of possibilities in term of know-hows, knowledge, networking and pedagogical development.
Our members share exactly the same objectives and mindset, working together to:
- Uphold our gastronomic legacies, whilst encouraging teaching innovation and promoting the cultural diversity of each other’s countries via a transcultural approach to education.
- Successfully rise up to the challenges faced by the international tourism industry in the future, driven by our core values and a common approach based on respect, mutual confidence, commitment and sharing.
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE ALLIANCE?
- We’ll offer you remarkable opportunities to network and you will have access to a richness of cultures, as well as many and varied innovative pedagogical methods and techniques innovations thanks to our teacher exchange programme, culinary seminars and yearly events.
- You’ll become an active member of the Alliance Committee, meeting every 2 years with your fellow institution directors to draw up the strategy and fix the network’s objectives.
- Offer your students the opportunity to take a 14-week long bespoke training course at Institut Lyfe, equipping them with the full range of culinary knowledge and techniques for which French gastronomy is so famous worldwide.
- Give them the chance of a lifetime to rub shoulders with some of the best chefs and industry experts in practice today, within a multicultural environement. In addition to their knowledge, this openness and understanding of the real-world enables them to meet the hospitality industry expectations.
FOCUS ON THE SUMMER TRAINING COURSE
Each year, this 14-week long innovative summer training course brings together our partner institutions’ best students on the Ecully campus, near Lyons.
The programme will give your students the opportunity to:
- Improve their culinary skills and techniques.
- Acquire new culinary knowledge and techniques to develop their French gastronomy skill set.
- Share a truly international experience based on the reality of the profession through cooking competitions.
- Share their own specific food cultures and habits.