The Bachelor in International Culinary Arts Management will prepare you for a career as a high-level, creative and innovative manager working in the kitchen, patisserie and culinary events sectors.
Degree in the Culinary Arts (3-year) registered and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation*.
*Publication in the Official Journal on 29 August 2019
Qualification: State Certified Level II (Bachelor) Qualification
Length: 3 years full-time
Languages of instruction: French/English or English
Entry requirements: French Baccalaureate or equivalent qualifications
Start date(s): April or September
Careers: Head chef, Private chef, Culinary entrepreneur, Catering chef, Culinary purchasing manager
Become an ambassador of the new generation of chefs
Our fully certified 3-year degree programme has been designed to equip you with the skills to achieve your ambitions. We will provide you with placement opportunities to see the industry up close for yourself, and with our international options you’ll become an ambassador of French gastronomy and “art de vivre”.
You are passionate, creative, rigorous and enjoy expressing your own identity?
Tomorrow you’ll be a responsible manager at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the restaurant industry. Our role is to help you acquire the technical, operational and managerial skills needed for your future success.
The art of learning
Our learning approach is unwaveringly experiential and interactive, offering students both a strategic and operational perspective of the industry. 50% of your course will involve practical professional training in our kitchen laboratories and gastronomic, bistronomic, traditional and fast-food training restaurants. You’ll also develop your practical skills through creative projects and business games.
As the course advances, you’ll progressively gain confidence as a manager, preparing you to become a ‘work ready’ graduate equipped with the team, leadership, communication, analytical and decision-making skills expected by employers.
*Given only as examples
- Culinary and patisserie techniques
- Product knowledge
- Managing a restaurant business
- Human resources, interpersonal communication, modern foreign languages
- Individual supervision of your career project
- Nutrition and dietetics
4-month work placement in France or overseas
- Advanced culinary techniques
- Food and menu design
- Team management
- Controlling and financial analysis
4-month work placement in France or overseas and international exchange programme possibilities at one of our partner schools
Depending on your future career project, we’ll ask you to choose a specialisation from one of 6 options in Gastronomic cuisine – International cuisine – Japanese cuisine and culture – Nutrition, Health & Pleasure – Reception Event Planning (in partnership with Potel & Chabot) – Culinary Resort Manager by Club Med (work/study training specialisation).
- Innovative culinary techniques
- Product chains and stock management
- E-marketing and customer relations: social networks, e-reputation, website
- Creative project: pop-up restaurant
6-month work placement in France or overseas
Why choose us?
You already have the talent, we have the know-how
- At Institut Paul Bocuse, you’ll be learning from the best. Our team of 30 professional chefs includes leading figures from the industry and a team of Meilleurs Ouvriers de France.
- You’ll be able to experiment your skills in a unique technical environment with 6 kitchen and 3 pâtisserie laboratories, a bakery and 6 training restaurants.
- Choose academic excellence with a Bachelor’s degree among the best Bachelors of French management schools (ranking by Le Parisien Etudiant).
- You’ll be developing your skills by meeting the best chefs in the world : Michel Troisgros, Régis Marcon, Christophe Roure, Jean Sulpice, Michel Roth, Serge Viera, Yannick Alléno…
- We’ll offer you fantastic opportunities to explore the world and open your horizons on one of our international exchange programmes.
- Build yourself a solid and inspirational future: 100% of our graduates are in the job of their choice within 3 months of finishing the course.
What can I do next?
Take your learning to the next level
What are the opportunities for further study?
Careers and opportunities
Perhaps your dream job is
- Head Chef
- Catering Chef
- Airline, Railway or Maritime Catering Manager
- Private Chef
- Culinary entrepreneur
- Culinary production consultant
- Education and training consultant
- Catering equipment sales manager or sales representative
- Culinary purchasing manager …
Admissions, conditions and fees
Two start dates each year
- April 2021: choice between English programme or French programme
Closing date to apply: March 7, 2021
- September 2021: choice between English programme or French programme
Closing date to apply: May 31, 2021
Admissions in 1st year
Selection: tests (5 different computer-based exams) and individual interview
Admissions on record in 3rd year
Our Bachelor program is also open in the 3rd year, according to conditions, to holders of a 2-year higher education degree or equivalent in the world of culinary arts.
Selection: DISC test, English test, MCQ, individual interview, technical test in cooking or pastry depending on the major chosen.