The Bachelor in International Culinary Arts Management will prepare you for a career as a high-level, creative and innovative manager working in the kitchen, patisserie and culinary events sectors.
Qualification: State Certified Level II (Bachelor) Qualification, registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP)
Length: 3 years full-time
Languages of instruction: French/English
Entry requirements: French Baccalaureate or equivalent qualifications
Start date(s): February or September 2019
Careers: Head chef, Pastry chef, Culinary entrepreneur, Catering chef, Culinary consultant
Become an ambassador of the new generation of chefs
Our fully certified 3-year degree programme has been designed to equip you with the skills to achieve your ambitions. We will provide you with placement opportunities to see the industry up close for yourself, and with our international options you’ll become an ambassador of French gastronomy and “art de vivre”.
You are passionate, creative, rigorous and enjoy expressing your own identity?
Tomorrow you’ll be a responsible manager at the cutting edge of the latest trends in the restaurant industry. Our role is to help you acquire the technical, operational and managerial skills needed for your future success.
The art of learning
Our learning approach is unwaveringly experiential and interactive, offering students both a strategic and operational perspective of the industry. 50% of your course will involve practical professional training in our kitchen laboratories and gastronomic, bistronomic, traditional and fast-food training restaurants. You’ll also develop your practical skills through creative projects and business games.
As the course advances, you’ll progressively gain confidence as a manager, preparing you to become a ‘work ready’ graduate equipped with the team, leadership, communication, analytical and decision-making skills expected by employers.
*Given only as examples
Learning objectives: develop your curiosity and analytical skills
- Culinary and patisserie techniques
- Product knowledge
- Managing a restaurant business
- Human resources, interpersonal communication, modern foreign languages
- Individual supervision of your career project
- Nutrition and dietetics
4-month work placement in France or overseas
Learning objectives: learn how to reason effectively
- Advanced culinary techniques
- Food and menu design
- Team management
- Controlling and financial analysis
4 to 6-month work placement in France or overseas and international exchange programme possibilities at one of our partner schools
Learning objectives: learn how to make decisions and develop your confidence
Depending on your future career project, we’ll ask you to choose a specialisation from one of three options in Culinary Arts, Pastry or Reception Event Planning (in partnership with Potel & Chabot).
- Innovative culinary techniques
- Product chains and stock management
- E-marketing and customer relations: social networks, e-reputation, website
- Creative project: pop-up restaurant
6-month work placement in France or overseas
Why choose us?
You already have the talent, we have the know-how
- At Institut Paul Bocuse, you’ll be learning from the best. Our team of 30 professional chefs includes leading figures from the industry and a team of Meilleurs Ouvriers de France.
- You’ll be able to experiment your skills in a unique technical environment with 6 kitchen and 3 pâtisserie laboratories, a bakery and 6 training restaurants.
- You’ll be developing your skills by meeting the best chefs in the world : Michel Troisgros, Régis Marcon, Christophe Roure, Jean Sulpice, Michel Roth, Serge Viera, Yannick Alléno…
- We’ll offer you fantastic opportunities to explore the world and open your horizons on one of our international exchange programmes.
- Build yourself a solid and inspirational future: 100% of our graduates are in the job of their choice within 3 months of finishing the course.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll be awarded a Bachelor in International Culinary Arts Management and the Professional Certificate in Kitchen and Restaurant Management, registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP) at level II (Bachelor).
What can I do next?
Take your learning to the next level
What are the opportunities for further study?
View our postgraduate courses in culinary management:
4-Year postgraduate study
5-Year postgraduate study
Careers and opportunities
Perhaps your dream job is
- Head Chef
- Catering Chef
- Airline, Railway or Maritime Catering Manager
- Private Chef
- Culinary entrepreneur
- Pastry Chef
- Education and training consultant
- Culinary consultant
- Catering equipment sales manager or sales representative
- Culinary purchasing manager …
Admissions, conditions and fees
Two start dates
- February 2019: French or English (100%) track
Application deadline: 30 November 2018
- Autumn 2019: French track
- Academic achievements
- Selection Day: tests (4 different computer-based exams), individual and group interview
Funding your studies
Scholarships & bursaries for year 1 students
Our scholarships and bursaries are awarded by the G&G Pélisson Foundation for Institut Paul Bocuse.