The Bachelor in International Hospitality Management trains future experts for success in the hospitality, tourism and luxury sectors. The course has been ranked n°1 by Eduniversal since 2009.
Qualification: State Certified Level II (Bachelor Hons.) Qualification, registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP) and a vocational degree (licence professionnelle).
Length: 4 years full-time
Languages of instruction: French/English or English
Entry requirements: French Baccalaureate or equivalent qualifications
Start date(s): February or September
Careers: Hotel manager, Guest relation manager, F&B manager, Meetings & Events manager, Operations manager
Be part of the new generation of managers leading the hotel industry
We’re living in an era of fast-moving changes, driven by continuous technological progress. This 4-year course has been designed to equip you with the skills needed for an outstanding career in the ultra-dynamic hospitality and services sector.
This course is for individuals with inquiring minds with a true taste for interpersonal communication, whose ambition it is to offer a new vision of the hospitality sector.
Tomorrow you’ll be an agile and mobile industry expert, capable of managing a hotel business or luxury resort, a boutique hotel, or holding a position as manager in a major international group.
The art of learning
Our learning approach is unwaveringly innovative, inspired by the “test & learn” philosophy, offering students both a strategic and operational perspective of the industry. 50% of your course will involve practical professional training in our hotels and training restaurants.
As the course advances, you’ll progressively gain confidence as a manager, preparing you to become an effective graduate equipped with the team, leadership, communication, analytical and decision-making skills expected by employers.
We’ll also give you the opportunity to spend between 10 and 14 months on work placements, giving you valuable hands-on business experience in some of the most prestigious institutions in the world.
*Given only as examples
Learning objectives: develop your curiosity and analytical skills
- Management of accommodation and organisations
- Wine and spirits management
- Services marketing
- Human resources, interpersonal communication, 3 modern foreign language skills
- Understanding the tourism and hotel market
4-month work placement
Learning objectives: learn how to reason effectively
- Concept design
- Management communication skills
- Internal operations management
- Project development and management
4 to 6-month work placement and/or an international exchange programme at one of our partner schools
Learning objectives: learn how to make decisions and develop your confidence
- Revenue management and e-distribution
- Architecture, ambiance and design
- Hospitality business models
- Intercultural management
6-month work placement
Our Year 4 specialisations will equip you with the skills required to develop a more flexible approach to help you succeed in a fast-changing professional environment.
- Year 4 specialisation Luxury Hospitality Management (opening January 2019)
- Year 4 specialisation Lifestyle Hospitality Management
- Year 4 specialisation Maximizing Profit in the Electronic Marketplace
- Year 4 specialisation International Wine & Beverage Management
- Year 4 specialisation The Hospitality Entrepreneur
- Year 4 specialisation Strategic Meetings & Events Management
- Year 4 specialisation Global Wellness Management (opening January 2020)
- Year 4 specialisation Multi-Unit & Restaurant Concept Management
Why choose us?
We’ll help you fulfill your dreams and so much more
- At Institut Paul Bocuse, you’ll be able to display your talent whilst working with the very best, including a multiskilled team of 150 industry professionals and leading professors renowned for their expertise and almost 50 PhD qualified experts who are at the forefront of future industry trends.
- Opt for academic excellence by choosing a Bachelor’s degree course that has been ranked first in its subject category by EDUNIVERSAL for 10 years in a row.
- You’ll be able to try out your skills in a unique training environment offering a 5-star hotel school (Le Royal MGallery by Sofitel), a campus-based hotel and 6 training restaurants.
- Further your expertise by choosing one of the 6 specialisations available in year 4.
- We’ll offer you fantastic opportunities to travel and personalize your studies on an international exchange at one of our 20 overseas partner schools.
- Build yourself an inspirational and international future: 80% of our graduates’ first jobs are as managers, moving up quickly to senior management positions. Nearly 70% begin their career overseas.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll be awarded a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management and the Professional Certificate in International Hotel and Restaurant Management registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP) at level II (Bachelor).
You will also receive a vocational university degree (licence professionnelle) awarded in Year 3 through our exclusive partnership with IAE Lyon School of Management.
What can I do next?
If your imagination has no limits, neither does ours …!
What are the opportunities for further study?
Careers and opportunities
Perhaps your dream job is
- Hotel manager
- Guest relations manager
- Front office manager
- Revenue manager
- Business development manager
Or even …
- Training consultant
- Account manager
- Operations manager
- Meetings & Events manager
Admissions, conditions and fees
Two start dates each year
- September 3, 2019: choice between dual language (French/English) or English programme
- February 2020: choice between dual language (French/English) or English programme
- Academic achievements
- Selection Day: tests (4 different computer-based exams) and individual interview
Funding your studies
Scholarships & bursaries for year 1 students
Our scholarships and bursaries are awarded by the G&G Pélisson Foundation for Institut Paul Bocuse.