“The joy of launching a business can only be equalled by that of creating something new” (Yannick Alléno). The Hospitality Entrepreneur specialisation has been devised to equip you with everything you’ll need to build and succeed in your business project.
Qualification: Bachelor (Hons.) State Certified Level II Qualification, registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP)
Length: 7 months full-time
Languages of instruction: French/English
Start date: January 2021
Entry requirements: We welcome applications from anyone who has completed a 3-year higher education degree or equivalent
Careers: Business creator, Director of your own hotel/restaurant, Chef-owner, Private chef, Training consultant
Creativity and talent: the magic formula
The number of businesses launched last year in France reached its highest level since 2010. The hotel & restaurant industry remains favourable to the creation of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Are you imaginative, independent and determined? Is your ambition to experience the world of work according to your own rules and make your own mark? At Institut Paul Bocuse, we’ll help you find alternative ways to succeed and give you the confidence to take risks.
The Hospitality Entrepreneur specialisation aims to equip you with the full set of skills and understanding required to launch or take over a business. We even take things one step further by nurturing your entrepreneurial spirit and developing your ability to innovate, carry out projects and solve problems.
Bring out the right entrepreneur in you for your project
Based on an action learning approach, the course alternates between modules dedicated to entrepreneurship and personalised supervision of your business project. By the end of the course, the knowledge and ability you develop in management techniques, business plan, human resources and communication means you’ll be equipped to drive forward a competitive and profitable business project.
*Given only as examples
- Market research and feasibility studies
- Concept design and development: trends, methods & tools
- Project management
- Interior design
- Legislation for business start-ups
Optional work placement at the end of the course
Why choose us?
L’Institut Paul Bocuse: the establishment for those who choose to dare
- Our course will act like a catalyst and give your project a major boost, thanks to seminars and conferences with experts and business entrepreneurs.
- You’ll also benefit from our powerful network of alumni entrepreneurs working in all four corners of the globe. The Institut Paul Bocuse graduate community has created more than 400 businesses.
- Build yourself an inspirational and international future: 33% of our graduates choose an entrepreneurial career within 5 years of completing their studies.
- If you have a ground-breaking project that is both feasible and financially viable, you can apply to join our business incubator.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll be awarded a Bachelor’s degree (Hons.) in International Hotel & Restaurant Management (The Hospitality Entrepreneur specialisation) and the Professional Certificate in International Hotel and Restaurant Management, registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP) at level II (Bachelor).
What can I do next?
You’re going to be surprised by your own future
What are the opportunities for further study?
Careers and opportunities
A wide range of entrepreneurial careers are possible:
- Hotel or restaurant manager
- Creator of restaurant concepts
- Chef-owner or private Chef
- Creator of online hospitality services
- Consultant / training consultant
Admissions, Conditions and Fees
- Start date: January 2021
Closing date to apply: 30 November 2020
- Academic achievements
- Selection test in English: text analysis, individual interview and reasoning test
The choice of a 4th year specialisation is compulsory for our Bachelors in Food service and Hospitality.