The Bachelor in International Hospitality Management trains future experts for success in the hospitality, tourism and luxury sectors. The course has been ranked n°1 by Eduniversal since 2009.
Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management (4-year) registered and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation*.
*Publication in the Official Journal on 29 August 2019
Qualification: Bachelor (Hons.) State Certified Level II Qualification
Length: 4 years full-time
Languages of instruction: French/English or English
Entry requirements: French Baccalaureate or equivalent qualifications
Start date(s): April or September
Careers: Hotel manager, Guest relation manager, F&B manager, Meetings & Events manager, Operations manager
Be part of the new generation of managers leading the hotel industry
We’re living in an era of fast-moving changes, driven by continuous technological progress. This 4-year course has been designed to equip you with the skills needed for an outstanding career in the ultra-dynamic hospitality and services sector.
This course is for individuals with inquiring minds with a true taste for interpersonal communication, whose ambition it is to offer a new vision of the hospitality sector.
Tomorrow you’ll be an agile and mobile industry expert, capable of managing a hotel business or luxury resort, a boutique hotel, or holding a position as manager in a major international group.
The art of learning
Our learning approach is unwaveringly innovative, inspired by the “test & learn” philosophy, offering students both a strategic and operational perspective of the industry. 50% of your course will involve practical professional training in our hotels and training restaurants.
As the course advances, you’ll progressively gain confidence as a manager, preparing you to become an effective graduate equipped with the team, leadership, communication, analytical and decision-making skills expected by employers.
We’ll also give you the opportunity to spend between 10 and 14 months on work placements, giving you valuable hands-on business experience in some of the most prestigious institutions in the world.
*Given only as examples
- Management of accommodation and organisations
- Wine and spirits management
- Services marketing
- Human resources, interpersonal communication, 3 modern foreign language skills
- Understanding the tourism and hotel market
4-month work placement
- Concept design
- Management communication skills
- Internal operations management
- Project development and management
4-month work placement and/or an international exchange programme at one of our partner schools
- Revenue management and e-distribution
- Architecture, ambiance and design
- Hospitality business models
- Intercultural management
6-month work placement
Our Year 4 specialisations will equip you with the skills required to develop a more flexible approach to help you succeed in a fast-changing professional environment.
- Luxury Hospitality Management
- Lifestyle Hospitality Management
- Maximizing Profit in the Electronic Marketplace
- International Wine & Beverage Management
- The Hospitality Entrepreneur
- Strategic Meetings & Events Management
- Global Wellness Management (opening soon)
- Multi-Unit & Restaurant Concept Management (opening soon)
Why choose us?
We’ll help you fulfill your dreams and so much more
- At Institut Paul Bocuse, you’ll be able to display your talent whilst working with the very best, including a multiskilled team of 150 industry professionals and leading professors renowned for their expertise and almost 50 PhD qualified experts who are at the forefront of future industry trends.
- Opt for academic excellence by choosing a Bachelor’s degree course that has been ranked first in its subject category by EDUNIVERSAL for 12 years in a row.
- You’ll be able to try out your skills in a unique training environment offering a 5-star hotel school (Le Royal MGallery by Sofitel), a campus-based hotel and 6 training restaurants.
- Further your expertise by choosing one of the 6 specialisations available in year 4.
- We’ll offer you fantastic opportunities to travel and personalize your studies on an international exchange at one of our 20 overseas partner schools.
- Build yourself an inspirational and international future: 80% of our graduates’ first jobs are as managers, moving up quickly to senior management positions. Nearly 70% begin their career overseas.
What can I do next?
If your imagination has no limits, neither does ours …!
What are the opportunities for further study?
Careers and opportunities
Perhaps your dream job is
- Hotel manager
- Guest relations manager
- Front office manager
- Revenue manager
- Business development manager
Or even …
- Training consultant
- Account Manager
- Operations manager
- Meetings & Events Manager
Admissions, conditions and fees
Two start dates each year
- April 2021: choice between dual language (French/English) or English programme
Closing date to apply: March 7, 2021
- September 2021: choice between dual language (French/English) or English programme
Admissions in 1st year
Selection: tests (5 different computer-based exams) and individual interview
Admissions on record in 3rd year
Our Bachelor program is also open in the 3rd year, according to conditions, to holders of a 2-year higher education degree or equivalent in the world of hospitality.
Selection: DISC test, English test, MCQ and individual interview.