The Bachelor in International Food Service Management will prepare you for a career as a food service expert, able to work in a range of environments, from fast to traditional food, street food to gastronomic restaurants, franchises to independent outlets, and from commercial to institutional catering.
Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management (4-year) registered and approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation*.
*Publication in the Official Journal on 29 August 2019
Qualification: Bachelor’s (Hons.) Degree certified by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation
Length: 4 years full-time (240 ECTS)
Languages of instruction: French/English
Entry requirements: French baccalaureate or international equivalent
Start date: September
Careers: Multi-site food service manager, Food and beverage manager, Restaurant entrepreneur, Category manager, Concept creator
Satisfying food desires across the generations
In Europe, 1 meal out of every 5 is eaten out of the home. New lifestyles, societal changes and the increasing needs for services to the person have all made food service a strategic sector. Our 4-year course will allow you to study the whole food service value chain: suppliers, distributors, restaurant owners and consumers.
This course is for you if you’re a natural leader interested in all categories of food service. If you’re also passionate about digital technologies and constantly on the look-out for innovations to improve the quality of customer service.
Tomorrow, you’ll be equipped with the skills to successfully adapt to changes in consumer habits, guarantee the profitability of your establishment and increase the satisfaction of your clients.
The art of learning
Our learning approach is unwaveringly innovative, inspired by the “test & learn” philosophy, offering students both a strategic and operational perspective of the industry. 50% of your course will involve practical professional training in our hotels and training restaurants. You’ll develop a clear and in-depth vision of each segment of the food service industry, along with the demands of culinary production and regulatory requirements.
As the course advances, you’ll progressively gain confidence as a manager, preparing you for rapid career progression. Equipped with the team, leadership, communication, analytical and decision-making skills expected by employers, you’ll be able to work effectively with kitchen teams as well as service teams and suppliers.
*Given only as examples
- Culinary techniques and technologies
- Organisation of culinary production, hygiene, health and safety
- Wine and spirits management
- Introduction to marketing, accounting management and human resources
- Interpersonal communication skills, modern foreign languages
- Practical and managerial role-plays: brasserie, bistronomic and gastronomic service
4-month work placement
- International food & beverage
- Architecture and interior design
- Restaurant service and food culture from the world
- Social & digital marketing
- Leadership management
- Creative project
4-month work placement and/or international exchange programme at one of our partner schools
- Supply chain management
- Financial and revenue management
- Diversity management
- Experiential marketing
- Innovation concept and design thinking
- Managing sustainable development
- Fast food and institutional catering management
6-month work placement
Our specialisations will enable you to develop a more flexible approach to management and equip you with a specific domain of expertise.
- 4th year specialisation International Wine & Beverage Management
- 4th year specialisation The Hospitality Entrepreneur
- 4th year specialisation Strategic Meetings & Events Management
- 4th year specialisation Global Wellness Management (opening soon)
- 4th year specialisation Management de la Restauration Institutionnelle (opening soon)
Why choose us?
Come and shake things up
- Choose to be unique – true to the vision of our founders, we are the only school in France to offer an undergraduate programme dedicated to food service.
- Discover a myriad of new career opportunities.
- At Institut Paul Bocuse, you’ll be able to display your talent whilst working with the very best, including a multiskilled team of 240 industry professionals and leading professors.
- You’ll be able to try out your skills in a unique training environment offering a 5-star hotel school, a campus-based hotel and 6 training restaurants.
- Benefit from our partnership with the Université du Vin (Wine University) located in Suze La Rousse. You’ll follow a comprehensive 60-hour training programme covering all aspects of the wine industry.
- Further your expertise by choosing one of the specialisations available in Year 4.
- Build yourself an inspirational and international future: 80% of our graduates’ first jobs are as managers. Nearly 70% begin their career overseas.
What can i do next?
The future is yours for the taking
What are the opportunities for further study?
Careers and opportunities
Perhaps your dream job is
- Restaurant manager
- Food & Beverage manager
- Concept creator
- Food import & export manager
Or even …
- Client manager
- Management controler
- Events partnership manager
Admissions and conditions
- September 2023: French/English programme
Admissions in 1st year
- Hold the French baccalaureate or its foreign equivalent for international candidates.
- Age limit: 26 years old at the time of application.
Admissions on record in 2ND year
- Hold a baccalaureate or its foreign equivalent and/or 60 ECTS credits validated as part of higher education training. Candidates can follow an intensive pre-start training session.
Admissions on record in 3rd year
- Hold a Bac +2 diploma or its foreign equivalent or 120 ECTS credits validated as part of higher education training. Candidates can follow an intensive pre-start training session.
Selection in 1st, 2nd and 3rd year: QCM in French or in English according to the chosen course, composed of 80 questions of General Culture, Professional Culture, Mathematical calculations, Logic, Grammar and Spelling and individual interview with a jury composed of two people – duration 20 to 30 minutes.
Admissions on record in 4TH year
- Hold a Bac +3 diploma or its foreign equivalent or 180 ECTS credits validated as part of higher education training. Candidates can follow an intensive pre-start training session.
Selection: study of text in English from the professional press or scientific literature and interview with a jury composed of two people – duration 45 minutes.