The Bachelor in International Hospitality Management trains future leaders for success in the hospitality, tourism and luxury sectors. Ranked 1st in Eduniversal ranking since 2009.
Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management (4-year) registered and approved by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation*.
*Publication in the Official Journal on 29 August 2019, diploma approval for the French campus only.
Qualification: Bachelor’s (Hons.) State certified diploma
Length: 4 years full-time (240 ECTS)
Languages of instruction: French/English or English
Entry requirements: French Baccalaureate or equivalent qualifications
Start date: September
Careers: Hotel manager, Guest relation manager, F&B manager, Meetings & Events manager, Operations manager
Be part of the new generation of managers SHAPING the hotel industry
We’re living in an era of fast-moving changes, driven by continuous technological progress. This 4-year course has been designed to equip you with the skills needed for an outstanding career in the ultra-dynamic hospitality and services sector.
This course is for individuals with inquiring minds with a true taste for interpersonal communication, whose ambition it is to offer a new vision of the hospitality sector.
Tomorrow you’ll be an agile and mobile industry expert, capable of managing a hotel business, a luxury resort, a boutique hotel, holding a senior position in a major international or independent group, or develop your own business.
The art of learning
Our learning approach is innovative, inspired by the “test & learn” philosophy, offering students both a strategic and operational perspective of the industry. 50% of your course will involve practical professional training in our hotels and training restaurants.
You’ll progressively gain confidence as a manager, preparing you to become an effective graduate with the team, leadership, communication, analytical and decision-making skills expected by employers.
We’ll have the opportunity to spend between 10 and 14 months on work placements and gain in-company learning in the most prestigious institutions in the world.
*Given only as examples
- Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management Introduction
- Hospitality and Food Service industry organization and trends
- Marketing of services, interpersonal communication, intercultural relations, modern languages
- 14 weeks of training in our restaurants, hotels etc …
4-month work placement
- Hotel management operations
- Hospitality booking & sales
- Management marketing
- Marketing Management & data analysis
- Management communication skills
- Managerial accounting & Financial Management
- Hotel design project
5-month work placement France or abroad and/or an international mobility at one of our partner schools
- Hospitality strategy
- Financial strategy
- Revenue management
- Digital marketing
- Sustainable hospitality management
- Intercultural management
- Final year entrepreneurial project
6-month work placement France or abroad
Our Year 4 specialisations will develop the skills required for a more flexible and expert approach to help you succeed in a fast-changing professional environment.
Why choose us?
We’ll help you fulfill your dreams and so much more
- At Institut Paul Bocuse, you’ll be able to reveal your talent whilst working with the very best, including a multiskilled team of 240 industry professionals, experts, leading and renowned professors (80 PhD qualified experts).
- Opt for academic excellence by choosing a Bachelor’s degree that has been ranked first by EDUNIVERSAL for 12 years in a row.
- Develop your skills in a unique real world-learning environment offering a 5-star hotel school (Le Royal MGallery by Sofitel), an apartment hotel and 6 training restaurants (1 Michelin Star)
- Further your expertise by choosing one of the 6 specialisations available in year 4.
- Travel the travel and personalize your studies on an international exchange at one of our 20 overseas partner schools.
- Build yourself an inspirational and international future: 80% of our graduates’ first jobs are as managers, moving up quickly to senior management positions. Nearly 70% begin their career overseas.
What can I do next?
If your imagination has no limits, neither does ours …!
What are the opportunities for further study?
Careers and opportunities
Perhaps your dream job is
- Hotel manager
- Guest relations manager
- Front office manager
- Revenue manager
- Business development manager
Or even …
- Training consultant
- Account Manager
- Operations manager
- Meetings & Events Manager
Admissions and conditions
- 2 admissions per year : September & April (application deadline: 31st of May for September, 31st of January for April)
- Bilingual (French/English) or 100 % English Track
ADMISSIONS IN 1ST YEAR
- Hold the French baccalaureate or its foreign equivalent for international candidates.
- Age limit: 26 years old at the time of application.
ADMISSIONS ON RECORD IN 2ND YEAR
- Hold a baccalaureate or its foreign equivalent and/or 60 ECTS credits validated as part of higher education training. Candidates can follow an intensive pre-start training session.
ADMISSIONS ON RECORD IN 3RD YEAR
- Hold a Bac +2 diploma or its foreign equivalent or 120 ECTS credits validated as part of higher education training. Candidates can follow an intensive pre-start training session.
Selection in 1st, 2nd and 3rd year: QCM in French or in English according to the chosen course, composed of 80 questions of General Culture, Professional Culture, Mathematical calculations, Logic, Grammar and Spelling and individual interview with a jury composed of two people – duration 20 to 30 minutes.
ADMISSIONS ON RECORD IN 4TH YEAR
- Hold a Bac +3 diploma or its foreign equivalent or 180 ECTS credits validated as part of higher education training. Candidates can follow an intensive pre-start training session.
Selection: study of text in English from the professional press or scientific literature and interview with a jury composed of two people – duration 45 minutes.