The Culinary Leadership & Innovation course will provide you with a strategic and avant-gardist vision of the culinary arts and food service industry in France and internationally. This Master’s-level qualification is awarded by Haaga Helia University of Applied Sciences, our international partner institution located in Finland.
Qualification: State Certified Level 7 Qualification registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP) and Master’s degree
Length: 18 months full-time (including a 6-month work placement) (120 ECTS)
Language of instruction: English
Entry requirements: We welcome applications from candidates who have completed a recognised degree (or equivalent) in the areas of Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts or Food Service*
Start date: September
Careers: Entrepreneur, Concept developer, Food consultant, Research chef, Executive chef
*All degree-level qualifications are considered for candidates with significant experience in the food service sector. We also consider applications on an individual basis from outstanding candidates without the required level of qualification, but who have at least 5 years of management experience.
Develop a strategic vision of culinary management
This course is for you if you’re a culinary visionary looking to supplement your technical expertise with a strategic understanding of the food sector and its future trends.
With your strong leadership potential, the course will help you in your future role as a high-level manager putting into practice your creativity and thirst for innovation.
Whether you are a chef, a culinary or hospitality graduate, a hospitality manager our course will equip you with the skills you need to achieve your ambitions.
If your imagination has no limits, neither does ours …!
The unique nature of our Master’s course in Culinary Leadership & Innovation attracts students from across the globe, creating a multicultural environment for study in France and Finland – two European countries that are renowned for their innovation and leadership in the field of culinary management.
Our course is taught entirely in English, focusing on the foundations of French gastronomic culture combined with a truly international vision of culinary innovation.
*Given only as examples
- Food safety and quality
- Sustainable development and wellness management
- Food service strategic management
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Culinary experimentations
- Service design
- Applied research methodologies
- 4 business projects
6-month work placement and dissertation
For students who need to acquire the foundations of culinary techniques, we offer you the possibility of taking a 6-week professional immersion programme prior to the start of the course.
Why choose us?
A creative stepping stone for your imagination
- Make academic excellence your choice: our course has been awarded the international prize for innovation by Eduniversal.
- Decide to be unique: we are the only school to offer this type of course.
- We’ll give you a fantastic opportunity to explore new horizons at Haaga Helia University of Applied Sciences in Finland, world-renowned for its innovative teaching methods.
- With 68 different nationalities represented on campus, you’ll develop your ability to work in multi-cultural business environments.
- We’ll help you connect theory with practice on business projects run with our partners : Häagen dazs, Yoplait, Sirha, Foodservicevision, Radisson…
- Develop your scientific culture through applied culinary R&D projects in collaboration with our Center for Food & Hospitality Research and PhD-qualified academic staff.
- Build yourself a solid and inspirational future: 100% of our graduates are in the job of their choice within 3 months of finishing the course. Our alumni live and work in over 80 countries.
Master’s degree awarded by our internationally-recognised partner institution UAS Haaga-Helia.
Postgraduate state-certified level 7 qualification, registered with the National Repertoire of Professional Certifications (RNCP), awarded by Institut Paul Bocuse.
What can I do next?
Be part of a bright future
Careers and opportunities
The Master’s degree in Culinary Leadership & Innovation is recognised in France and internationally, offering you opportunities for further study and applied research leading to work in higher education or in the R&D departments of major international companies, for example.
Perhaps your dream job is
- Concept developer
- Research Chef
- Innovation Manager
- Executive food service manager
- Executive Chef
- Food designer